Antarctica Research Vessel
Prepare to set off on a journey to Antarctica!
Observe and hear different wildlife around you as you make your way to the field research tent. Identify, classify and compare different species while collaborating with fellow researchers.
This experience has been informed by real expeditions in collaboration with the Faculty of Biological Sciences, an international podcaster, local researchers and Indigenous community representatives.
The Antarctica Research Vessel Experience features:
- Eight metre long, five metre high tall boat.
- Below deck screens with simulated underwater footage of sea life.
- Field research tent with dress ups and research cases.
- Two way radio style communication between top and bottom levels of ship and field research tent.
- Interactive listening and recording ‘observation station’.
While we’re playing, what might we learn?
- Inspiring curiosity to learn about the different animals that live in and around Antarctica.
- Creative role-playing by taking on roles of researcher, scientist, and crew.
Fun Fact: The Ship is completely adaptable and is currently an Antarctic Research Vessel!