Crawl in and out of the inflatable intestine
Ever wondered what it would be like to be a piece of food travelling through the digestive system? Well here’s your chance to explore one of the body’s most important organs. Grab a gut map, put on your protective clothing and enjoy the adventure! Some of our tours also come with a ‘tummy guide’, who will provide an interactive trip complete with digestive juices and alarmingly accurate sound effects, but as these guides are often off on other adventures we can’t guarantee they will always be available.
The Tummy Tour features
- A chance to explore an inflatable intestine
- Model molecules: carbohydrate, protein and fats
- Informative map that explains each region of the stomach
- Heart beat, lungs breathing and digestive noises
While we’re playing, what might we learn?
- The structure and operation of the stomach and intestines and their importance to health and wellbeing
- The process of digestion – including stomach acids and the diversity and balance of gut bacteria
- The importance of healthy food and diet and exercise to keeping the body healthy
Fun Fact: Only the first part of digestion happens in the stomach – most digestion occurs in the small and large intestines.