Help the Early Start team achieve the mission of giving all children the best start to life by getting involved with the Early Start Discovery Space. Why should I volunteer?
- Be part of a fun and supportive team of experienced education staff and like-minded volunteers.
- Gain valuable experience, skills and knowledge in early childhood education, museum operations and public engagement.
- Earn co-curricular credit on your transcript, through the new UOWx program (applicable to UOW students).
- Expand your knowledge about the latest in early childhood education from UOW researchers through exclusive training and development opportunities.
- Receive invitations to special volunteer appreciation and Early Start Discovery Space events.
- Receive discounts on programs and gift shop purchases and free admission into the Early Start Discovery Space (subject to entry conditions).
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Early Start Discovery Space.
Am I eligible? Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to commit to one 3-hour shift per week for six months. If this commitment is not possible, volunteers are asked to contribute a total of 100 hours in a different, agreed-upon timeframe
- Submit a Working with Children Check verification number. Apply for your Working with Children Check now.
- Be available to attend a face-to-face interview and all required training sessions (refer to specific role descriptions for training dates)
- Have a positive and outgoing personality and be comfortable interacting and playing with children and adults from diverse backgrounds
Interested, get involved in our volunteer opportunitiesVolunteer Opportunities