Help the Early Start team achieve the mission of giving all children the best start to life by getting involved with the Early Start Discovery Space. Why should I volunteer?
- Be part of a fun and supportive team of experienced education staff and like-minded volunteers.
- Gain valuable experience, skills and knowledge in early childhood education, museum operations and public engagement.
- Earn co-curricular credit on your transcript, through the new UOWx program (applicable to UOW students).
- Expand your knowledge about the latest in early childhood education from UOW researchers through exclusive training and development opportunities.
- Receive invitations to special volunteer appreciation and Early Start Discovery Space events.
- Receive discounts on programs and gift shop purchases and free admission into the Early Start Discovery Space (subject to entry conditions).
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Early Start Discovery Space.
Am I eligible? Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to commit to one 3-hour shift per week for six months. If this commitment is not possible, volunteers are asked to contribute a total of 100 hours in a different, agreed-upon timeframe
- Submit a Working with Children Check verification number. Apply for your Working with Children Check now.
- Be available to attend a face-to-face interview and all required training sessions (refer to specific role descriptions for training dates)
- Have a positive and outgoing personality and be comfortable interacting and playing with children and adults from diverse backgrounds
There are currently no job opportunities.
Interested, get involved in our volunteer opportunitiesVolunteer Opportunities