We are located in the Early Start Building at UOW’s Wollongong main campus.
Find us on the UOW Campus Map.
or Google Maps, Early Start Discovery Space, Northfields Ave, Wollongong NSW 2522
Arriving at the Discovery Space
The Discovery Space is located on Ring Road opposite the Western (P4) Car park. The campus and its surrounding car parks can be busy and we ask that you take extra care when arriving and leaving the Discovery Space.
When entering and leaving the Discovery Space please be mindful of the potential hazards on the University Campus which include roads, car parks, watercourses and stairs.
- That you use the designated foot paths
- You use Zebra Crossings to cross any roads
- You hold your children’s hands when walking through the car park and crossing roads.
Using public transport?
We encourage our visitors to use public transport – it’s more cost effective and kinder to our environment. A number of bus services link the UOW campus with surrounding suburbs and train stations.
The North Gong (NG) Shuttle Bus runs between the Wollongong Campus and North Wollongong train station. The timetable has been improved for 2017, and the new hybrid bus is a great addition to the fleet. Two of the three buses operating this route are low floor wheelchair accessible buses.
The Gwynneville Keiraville (GK) Shuttle Bus operates around Wollongong. There are two buses operating in anticlockwise (GK-a) and clockwise (GK-c) loops on an improved route, travelling close to most accommodation campuses. The GK-c service departs from Stand E of the bus interchange on Northfields Ave, and the GK-a service departs from the stop opposite the bus interchange (Stand F). Both buses are low floor wheelchair accessible.
Note that all UOW buses are now navy blue, so please ensure you read the destination displays to ensure you catch the right bus. All of these bus services are free for UOW students, staff and visitors to the campus. Download a copy of the shuttle pocket guide or access guide for more details on the routes and buses available.
Coming by car?
If you’re planning to drive please note:
- Weekday parking on the UOW campus is limited and parking fees apply
- Weekday parking is easiest if you arrive prior to 9.30am
- Weekend parking is free and there’s plenty of it!
- There is accessible parking available on campus, RTA Mobility Permits are valid in marked disabled bays UOW permit and ticketed carparks. No fees apply.
Western Carpark (P4)
The Early Start Discovery Space is conveniently located opposite the Western carpark (P4), one of the largest carparks on campus. Pay and display ticket machines are also located in the general section of the Western carpark. You can see the availability of ticket car spaces as you enter the UOW campus, as well as at the entry to each carpark.
3 for free – Carpooling
There are free carpooling options available in the Western Carpark (P4) if you carpool with three or more people. Follow the signs to the carpooling parking area in P4 during operating hours and see the parking attendant for entry. Free carpool parking in P4 operates from 7.30am, Monday – Friday.
* Parking attendants do patrol UOW carparks and surrounding suburban streets and fines may be issued for parking without a permit or in an unauthorised area.
PARKING FOR MEMBERS
Members have access to FREE undercover onsite parking. This is allocated based on availability at the time of your arrival. Please press the ‘Discovery Space’ button at the boom gate intercom and provide your member number to staff to gain entry.
In the event that the carpark is at capacity please proceed to either the FREE Carpooling area in P4 (if you have 3 or more people in your car, including children) or the P4 Western Carpark where parking fees apply.
- The member car park is only available to members for the specific purpose and duration of visiting the Early Start Discovery Space on weekdays from Tuesday – Friday, from 9am – 4pm.
- Members must check in at reception or scan each membership card to register your visit to the Discovery Space.
- Upon departure, we ask that you notify reception.
- There is only one car park space permitted per family membership. See more Membership benefits here.
Groups coming by chartered bus, can utilise the bus bay located directly outside the Discovery Space entrance on Ring Road. This is the safest and most convenient drop off and pick up location for groups. All buses must enter via the Eastern Entrance (Corner of Irvine and Northfields Avenue) and follow the Ring Road to the entrance of the Discovery Space (on your left). See the directional map for details. Please note access to the bus bay is for passenger drop-off and pick-up only. Parking is not available.