We are located at the University of Wollongong main campus. Ground Floor, Building 21 Northfields Ave, Wollongong, NSW.
Get Directions via Google Maps
PLEASE NOTE: The month of March will see the return of University classes, which means it will be busier than usual around campus. So we are introducing a few initiatives to make your visit easier, save you money and help the environment!
Arriving at the Discovery Space
The Discovery Space is located on Ring Road opposite the Western (P4) Car park. The campus and its surrounding car parks can be busy and we ask that you take extra care when arriving and leaving the Discovery Space. Please be mindful of children, use pedestrian crossings and be sure to hold your child’s hand when walking through the car parks and crossing roads.
Using public transport?
We encourage our visitors to use public transport – it’s more cost effective and kinder to our environment. There are a number of free bus shuttles available and we are only a short 9-minute bus ride from North Wollongong train station.
Coming by car?
If you’re planning to drive please note:
- Weekday parking on the UOW campus is limited and parking fees apply. Closest Carpark is the P4 Western Carpark.
- Consider carpooling and receive free parking in the P4 Western Car Park, subject to availability as long as you are travelling with three people per car (including children).
- Weekday parking is easiest if you arrive prior to 9.30am
- Weekend parking is free and there’s plenty of it!
- There is accessible parking available on campus, RTA Mobility Permits are valid in marked disabled bays UOW permit and ticketed carparks. No fees apply.
- Please note that in March, University classes resume which means it can be busier than usual on Campus. Please consider alternatives to driving during this time.
PARKING FOR MEMBERS
Members have access to FREE undercover onsite parking. This is allocated based on availability at the time of your arrival. Please press the ‘Discovery Space’ button at the boom gate intercom and provide your member number to staff to gain entry.
In the event that the carpark is at capacity please proceed to either the FREE Carpooling area in P4 (if you have 3 or more people in your car, including children) or the P4 Western Carpark where parking fees apply.
- The member car park is only available to members for the specific purpose and duration of visiting the Early Start Discovery Space on weekdays from Tuesday – Friday, from 9am – 4pm.
- Members must check in at reception or scan each membership card to register your visit to the Discovery Space.
- Upon departure, we ask that you notify reception.
- There is only one car park space permitted per family membership. See more Membership benefits here.
Groups coming by chartered bus, can utilise the bus bay located directly outside the Discovery Space entrance on Ring Road. This is the safest and most convenient drop off and pick up location for groups. All buses must enter via the Eastern Entrance (Corner of Irvine and Northfields Avenue) and follow the Ring Road to the entrance of the Discovery Space (on your left). See the directional map for details. Please note access to the bus bay is for passenger drop-off and pick-up only. Parking is not available.